Tuesday morning I am setting out on another adventure! This time I am studying abroad in Malaga, Spain for a month prior to beginning my "Big Girl Job." Malaga is a port city situated on the Mediterranean Sea and has about ~550,000 people. It is less than 100 miles across the sea from Morocco (Africa.) During the Summer of 2009 my family visited this coastal region and had a great time relaxing on the beaches.
Malaga, Spain
(Torremolinos, Summer 2009)
(Torremolinos, Summer 2009)
(Torremolinos, Summer 2009)
(Torremolinos, Summer 2009)
(Torremolinos, Summer 2009)
Why?
I have known that I wanted to travel abroad post-graduation for several years. My initial plan was to backpack through Europe. However, none of my friends were able to do that this summer so I moved onto plan B--study abroad.
Most people have asked me why I am taking classes and this is a pretty simple question--I love the Spanish language! After working with Spanish speaking people this summer, I have been reminded of how much I enjoy speaking and learning this language. Although I minored in Spanish in college, I am a little rusty and hope to improve.
Where are you staying?
I am living with an 80 year old host mom in an apartment only 4 blocks from the beach. Our "Senora" will provide 3 meals a day and laundry service once per week. I studied abroad after my 10th grade year and this is definitely the way to go! These host moms are well seasoned with exchange students and are often the best cooks.
I am very excited about this journey and know that I will learn much over the next few weeks. I don't know what my internet situation will be, but I hope to update this blog as I can. Please pray for my safety traveling and while I explore this incredible place!






No comments:
Post a Comment